Matrimonial Mishaps and Musings

Friday, October 3, 2008

The Hyperventilating Bride

This is my first blog. I thought it would be fun to share some of my experiences, the mishaps and musings, to hopefully lay to rest the idea of a "perfect wedding day."

The judge was late and the already nervous bride was growing more anxious by the minute. Finally the coordinator of the event came and ushered the bridesmaids' to their place just inside the french doors which lead to the garden. The bride could hear the string trio begin to play and before she knew what was happening it was her turn to grace the aisle. Panic struck her, she began hyperventilating. Her father had to coax her down the aisle, talking to her the whole way. Upon reaching the outstretched hand of her husband- to- be the bride immediately felt calm and the ceremony went off without a hitch. At the reception the bride took one look at her cake and nearly fainted, again. The florist had put so much baby's breath on the cake that it looked like the baby's breath at eaten the wedding cake. The bride was horrified and amused. It was a delicious cake.

Cake and flowers and decorations and DJs are not really the point of a wedding celebration. They are the minor details that are meant to compliment and showcase the bride and groom. It's a day for family to come together and celebrate one of the oldest traditions of mankind.

That bride was me. And despite the judge being late, my pictures clearly displaying my terror as I walked down the aisle, and the flowers that ate my cake, it was a fantastic wedding! Friends and family still tell me it was one of the most beautiful and special weddings they have ever been to. That was 4 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home